Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Help!!! Help!!!

I really need help in completing my SmartBoard task. I have the idea for the activities, but i don't know whether it is suitable or not.
I felt really grateful as I have a team members who willing to help me. They give comments and suggestion to improve my Smartboard task. In addition, the presentation from a few friends had helped me a lot in improving my work. Comments on strengths and weaknesses of their works were taken as a guide for me to make my work better.
Lecturer and tutors were also helped us a lot since they give suggestions and beneficial guidelines. The IWB article is very useful since it gave me clearer views and understanding on how to design activities by using Smartboard. Moreover, Ms Ng had posted in the forum in ADec about the things that we have to bear in my when designing the activites. The information are very useful and helpful.

These are the overlooked items:
1. FONT TYPE.Using TIMES NEW ROMAN for a standard TWO activity is a No No. again put yourself in their shoes. Have you all seen the FONTS used for most storybooks written for kids are in TIMES NEW ROMAN.
2. FONT SIZE.The font should not be small. You claim it can be read. For a small kid even till STANDARD 6, it is a big put off.
3. COLOUR.Please make sure the colours chosen for content can be seen or read. Remember what is seen in your laptop may not look the same on a big screen. Next, remember how kids perceived colours.
4. IMAGES.Images chosen have to be relevant with the content or it sends a message for the content.Images should be chosen not only because it is nice or cute or you like it.Remember the resolution of the images.Remember not to distort the images.5. ACTIVITIESEach activity should be linked to one another e.g an enforcement
6. SPACING.Spacing is needed between two questions. Do not SQUEEZE 4-5-6 questions such as MCQ, fill in the blanks, in one slide. why? to save space ?? The students will feel the pain of doing this type of activities. remember though the minimum slides is 5, you can go more than 5....means 20, 50 , 100, 200 can be done as long when you need the students to understand the activity the fun way.
OTHER THINGS--
Do not give us a plain background with MCQ questions (around 3-4) in one slide. You will be heavily penalised as you fail to utilise the function of the smartboard. As prof.RM mentioned, if you can do that in paper, why bother using the smartboard.

No comments: